Friday, April 30, 2010

Hoshen #1


Finished the first issue of Hoshen, working on getting it printed locally. Such a rewarding feeling, holding the first test copy in my hands. It feels so legit.

You can read it online at controlshiftblack.com/hoshen

Two months... countless hours of pushing myself to make this happen. Feels good man. I mean, it's only a tiny, tiny piece of something much bigger, but I've finally finished something.



Can't get over how cool it is to hold a quality print of a story of mine.
You guys that have dreams of getting stuff accomplished, putting stuff out there and telling your story... I can't say it's easy. I can't say it's not hard. I can say that it's possible - you just have to put the time and dedication into it to make it happen.

You don't have to wait on the big guys to allow you to create and publish your work, either. Marvel and DC have no say over what I do with this comic. If you have something that you know is your calling, there is no one that can stop you from creating something with the means that are available to you. You want to write a book? Write it. Borders doesn't want it? Print it yourself and sell it to your friends. Don't stop just because you can't play the big boys' game of commercialized art. Don't be too proud to stoop to self-publishing and missing out on the "fame". It's not as great as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment